So lately I have been making tons of recipes from a new raw food book I got a couple of weeks ago. The recipes are pretty easy and I love how it uses ingredients I have in my kitchen already.
These burgers contain flax and sunflower seeds like the raw falafel I made but the taste is definitely different! It’s funny how changing a few ingredients can do that.
Recipe adapted from “The Raw Food Diet “
Serves 4 (please buy organic for the most nutrition)
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds (I sprouted and dehydrated mine)
- 1/3 cup ground flax seeds
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp flaxseed or olive oil
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s (can use soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Himalayan salt to taste
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ½ zucchini chopped
1.Add all ingredients to food processor and process until completely mixed.
2.Remove mixture from food processor and make 4 patties.
3.Place in dehydrator on non stick sheet at 115F for 10 hours or overnight flipping them every few hours.
4.Alternately you can also bake these in your oven on the lowest setting for a few hours. I haven’t tried this since I do have a dehydrator (makes raw recipes soooo much easier!) but please let me know if you do try it!
Better for you ingredients:
- known breath freshener; have a sprig after eating a garlic based meal!
- contains antioxidants which reduce free radical damage that ages us and damages cells
- contains iron and vitamin C (helps with the absorption of iron) which are great blood builders; the cleaner the blood the more beautiful we become
- contains calcium and magnesium which are great for bone health
- aids with digestion
- great for heavy metal removal from the body
Sunflower seeds; read more here
Flax seeds; read more here
Have fun trying this recipe 🙂