In this week’s video I wanted to share some tips about staying healthy during the holidays. These are a few tips that you can start incorporating that are pretty simple.
When we are more busy and stressed we need more nutrition and care. Check out the video below or scroll down for more tips!
1. Drinking Enough Water – I cannot mention this enough. Water is so crucial! Drinking water can help with tiredness, with digestion and with circulation. Drink water first thing in the morning and about 30-45 minutes before and after a meal so that digestion is not impaired.
2. Create a Morning Routine – I would suggest making this a priority. Start your morning off with drinking water and making sure you have a healthy breakfast (when you get hungry). Smoothies are a great quick breakfast that you can prepare in advance.
For example if you make smoothies:
- you can make it the night before
- make a batch of them and freeze it then place one in the fridge the night before
- prewash your veggies and fruit the night before so you just need to put it into the blender.
With a little effort this will become effortless and something that really anchors your day.
3. Bring Healthy Snacks with You – This can save you if you don’t have the best options around (for lunch or otherwise). As a bonus you will you know the ingredients in your snack.
Some simple snacks:
- baby carrots
- chopped veggies + hummus
- fruit (like apples, bananas)
- some raw nuts and dried fruit (you can make your own trail mix).
4. Compassion – If you are not able to stick to a healthy way of eating that feels good have compassion for yourself. Let the meal or day go and start again. Changing your habits takes time but trying after you fail (again and again) is key to changing your habits.
I hope these tips have helped you. Remember change takes time but with consistency you will be able to change your way of eating!
To a healthy holiday,