Today I wanted to talk about something I haven’t done in a while – which is growing my own sprouts. I’ve been immersed in mom land and time is limited but this week I made myself a promise to start sprouting again. I usually can’t find mung bean sprouts at my local grocer anyways so it was a great sprout to start with and so easy to get going.
It really only takes a few seconds to grow sprouts over the course of a few days and the benefits are amazing (as I explain in the video below).
Sprouts are superfoods. Superfoods give you more nutrition per gram and sprouts definitely fit that description. This is part 1 of super sprouts and part 2 I will show you how simple it is to sprout 🙂
Check out the video below for the amazing benefits.
- Sprouts have more vitamin and mineral content than their seed counterpart! As they grow the nutrients start multiplying exponentially.
- Macronutrients (fats, carbohydrates and proteins) are broken down into their smaller constituents which make them easier to digest.
- Sprouts are more alkaline than their seeds. We need about 80% alkaline foods in our diet.
- When you grow sprouts you are growing your own food and it is more cost effective than buying them.
- Sprouts come with a surplus of digestive enzymes which can help us conserve ours.
- Check out the video for this BONUS reason 😉
Hopefully this video has given you some amazing reasons to incorporate more sprouts into your diet. They truly are a superfood. In Part 2 I will show you how to sprout your very own sprouts. Please be sure to subscribe so you get the next instalment!
To living foods,