For the past few weeks I have been making pesto a few times a week. It is quick, easy and yummy not to mention very healthy! Usually, I throw in a bit of this and that but for those who need some guidelines this is my recipe:
please buy organic where possible
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup basil
- 3 cups of your favorite leafy greens (spinach, arugula, kale, basil, parsley, etc.)
- ½ cup walnuts* (soaked for at least 20 minutes)
- Himalayan sea salt (to taste)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast (optional)
- Drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- *You can also use any nuts you have on hand (almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc) but please be sure to soak them.
1. Add greens to food processor and process until chunky
2. Add walnuts, garlic and salt and process until semi-smooth
3. Serve with your choice of pasta (I like zucchini noodles!) or as a dip for veggies.