OMG…has it not been the coldest winter EVER? I cannot wait for spring, really.
Have you noticed that the weather really takes a toll on your skin? Are you feeling itchy, uncomfortable and just dry, everywhere? I know I’ve had some days where my skin feels itchy and not very pleasant BUT thankfully these days are limited. Why? Because I use coconut oil to help keep my skin moisturized and healthy! I am totally for Beauty from the Inside Out (Hydration + Lots of Fresh Vegetables and Fruits!!!) but some days and especially in winter we all need a little something something.
Back in the day I was scared to use coconut oil for fear of breaking out. Oil causes acne right? Wrong…but that’s a topic for another day 😉
Oh la la…Coconut oil is health and beauty promoting for a few key reasons. Check out the video below!
As a recap of the video, I highly recommend coconut oil because…
- Coconut oil is an amazing moisturizer due to it’s saturated fats (yes!). Our cells actually contain some saturated fat (not completely like I mentioned in the video, oops!). The saturated fat actually allows our cells to retain moisture!
- It is great to cook with due to the saturated fat that will not be oxidized and the high smoke point. Please note that eating fats uncooked is always best but coconut oil is a good option to transition with for cooking and baking.
- Coconut oil contains the antioxidant ‘pregnenolone’ which increases blood circulation. The more blood that gets to the skin, the more nutrition the skin receives and the healthier and more beautiful it will look!
- Coconut oil is antimicrobial, anti-fungal and anti-viral. It essentially boosts our immunity by wreaking havoc on the membranes of the bad bugs found in our environment.
Tips on buying coconut oil:
- Virgin, cold pressed
- Comes in a glass jar (preferably a dark glass jar)
Hopefully this video has inspired you to try coconut oil as either your new and improved cooking oil or even better, new and improved body moisturizer! Please leave a comment below if you have ventured into the land of one ingredient moisturizers.
SHARE this video and post with women who are spending a fortune on fancy lotions and potions to moisturize their skin and using horrible vegetable oils to cook with (clogging your system is not beautiful).
I’m coco for coconut oil 😉