This month has flown by and my favourites are a little late. I know this is the April Holistic Favourites but it applies to any month so don’t feel as if you’ve missed out. These favourites are an excuse for me to share a lot of little tips with you…shhhh!
So onto the favourites 🙂 Check them out in the video below or scroll down for the post!
Here are my picks this month:
1. Spirulina – I am currently using the Giddy Yoyo brand. I love that spirulin is a concentrated source of easily digestible plant protein, chlorophyll and iron (amazing to fortify the blood), B vitamins and magnesium. Some researchers have found spirulina to be great for detoxifying mercury and heavy metals from the body.
2. Roobar – great on the go snack for kids. I usually buy larabars but these are similar and they are organic. I prefer organic when I can (but in a pinch larabars work too). The ingredients in these bars are whole foods and on have about 4 ingredients. Yes! I see a lot of energy or snack bars with so many ingredients it makes my head spin. Simple is better.
3. Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish – Colour: Do You Know Who My Father Is?
This nail polish is 10-free meaning it has eliminated the top 10 harmful chemicals in conventional nail polishes. Those chemicals are : Dibutyl Phthalate (DBP), Formaldehyde, Toluene, Formaldehyde Resin, Camphor, Ethyl Toslamide, Andxylene, Parabens, Fragrances, and Animal Ingredients. Many of these chemicals are toxic to the body and carcinogenic. You can check out this article I wrote on nail polish a few years back to get a better idea of the health impact. https://lallnutrition.com/im-not-that-innocentnot-so-pretty-chemicals-in-your-beauty-products/
Although this nail polish is 10-free nail polishes are still not quite natural. This pretty pink colour still had a potent smell (probably due to the alcohol in the ingredients). I checked out the transparent ingredient list and it is a better brand. Check it out here.
If you are in Toronto you can grab these nail polishes from my friends over at Helen & Hildegard – Herbal Apothecary and Artisanal Beauty Boutique as I did!
4. Invincible Living by Guru Jagat – I am loving listening to Guru Jagat’s take on kundalini yoga and how she connects it to the nervous system and glandular system. I love the merging of something that seems esoteric in science. As with all healing modalities the goal is to realign and get your health back into balance. I have been enjoying the following meditations from the book:
- Cat Cow (for anti-aging)
- Fists of Anger (to help process anger and frustration
- Sat Kriya (helps with digestion, grounding and strengthening the first 3 chakras)
5. White Hot Truth by Danielle Laporte – what can I not say about this book. The subtitle is ‘from one truth seeker to another’ and I resonated with that concept! Her book is full of mature wisdom and is not black and white. Some of the that resonated are: life is full of paradoxes, love yourself like it’s your job, and we are our own guru. Yes. She has brought the concept of inner guidance to the masses in a deeper way.
So there you have it – a round up of my favourites this past month. A little late but always good 🙂
If you have a questions please leave a comment. Also please share this with those that would enjoy some amazing inspiration.
To all around health,
What Are YOU Truly Hungry For? Guide + Video Training
Join and get a FREE gift and weekly inspiration to live your healthiest life.