Hopefully you are all having a great Monday 🙂 I just wanted to share with everyone a little video on 5 tips to improve your digestion (sometimes explanations are best done this way). Most of these tips are obvious but I personally feel that they are not practiced as much as they could. These tips do not require you to buy supplements or anything else for that matter but to just adjust how you eat with small changes. I incorporate these 5 tips every day and while there are always more tips to help with digestion I feel these are a good start.
5 tips to improve your digestion (please watch the video below for a more detailed discussion):
- Chew your food until it is unrecognizable. Chew smoothies and juices too!
- Consume liquids 20 minutes BEFORE or 45 minutes to 1 hour AFTER a meal.
- Food Combine: eat fruits alone on an empty stomach, eat starches and proteins at separate meals with lots of veggies.
- Add RAW and FERMENTED foods to your meals to add enzymes and help with digestion.
- Make 50-75% of your meal vegetables: they are easy to digest and add fiber to your meal.
I hope these tips help you as much as they have helped me. Feel free to leave me a comment below with any questions or to clarify any of the tips.