//How Holistic Nutrition Works//
What is Holistic Nutrition?
Holistic Nutrition emphasizes using whole foods, nutritional supplements, lifestyle changes and counseling to bring balance back to the body, mind and soul- essentially restoring good health.
The principles of Holistic Nutrition gets to the root cause of a set of issues in the body by looking at symptoms and the client’s lifestyle as factors.
Day to day our body is subjected to many stressors that can bring it out of balance. When the body is out of balance health issues occur.
- Food: additives, GMOs, processed foods
- Environmental stressors like pollution, perfume, chemicals in the environment
- Emotional: depression, sadness, lack luster demeanor, no zest for life
- Chemicals: from cleaning products, personal care products, from city drinking water (xeno-estrogens, drug residues)
If these stressors become overwhelming they drain the body and mind’s resources. If we look at the list we are really only able to control the food we eat and our emotions (however hard that might be).
As a Holistic Nutritionist I am not only able to help a client use food to heal their body but also to heal their mind. Using additional therapies such as Somatic meditations, Ayurvedic therapies, herbs, and psychology I am able to give a client a holistic treatment to restore their vibrancy.
Basic Facts about Holistic Nutrition
- The word “holistic” comes from the word “whole”, evaluating the body as one whole functioning system as opposed to treating different diseases separately
- “Holistic” in terms of nutrition is a part of holistic health, which considers all aspects of person’s life – physical, emotional, spiritual health together with diet and lifestyle.
- Some of areas of study for holistic nutritionists include:
- Fundamentals of nutrition
- Anatomy & physiology and biochemistry
- Advanced nutrition research
- Herbal medicine
- Prevention of disease
- Pathology of disease
- Nutrition and the environment
- Psychology of disease
- Natural supplementation
- Holistic food preparation
As defined by the World Health Organization: “Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.”
Find out more. Book a free 20 minute consultation here.
- Clear & Glowing skin free of eczema and acne
- Feeling refreshed when waking up; less grogginess
- Feeling energetic after meals, not sluggish or weighed down
- Shiny healthy hair and nails
- Clearer eyes and reduction of dark under-eye circles
- Reaching your healthy balanced weight with a toned and leaner body
- Better digestion; no bloating after meals or looking pregnant (when you are not!)
- Freedom from chronic issues pertaining to diabetes, heart disease, inflammation, food intolerances, digestives issues, acne, etc.
- Freedom from calorie counting
- Not needing to depend on fancy clothes or makeup to feel beautiful (but they are nice accessories!)
- Eating with pleasure while nourishing yourself
- Feeling vibrant and alive
Things I’ve Help With…
- Digestive Issues (including diverticulitis, bloating, gas, indigestion)
- Chronic Acne
- Detoxification and cleansing
- Stress reduction
- Anxiety around food
- Healthy Well balanced pregnancy
- Post cancer recovery
- Diabetes support
- Pre and post brain surgery support and recovery
- Arthritis support
- natural weight loss
- hormonal balance
- transition to plant based way of eating
- disordered and emotional eating
Let’s Transform Your Health!
If you are ready to transform your health, are committed to making changes, are open to a new way of looking at health, I can help you.
I can support you in creating your best health. This takes a willingness to trust yourself and the process and to move through any resistance that will come up.
Yes, I'd Like to Join the Seminar
Plus weekly posts to boost your health & wellness.