In today’s video I wanted to talk about detoxing and why we need to be detoxing every day.
Yes, our bodies naturally have detoxification processes. BUT we live in a different world than our ancestors did a hundred years ago. Our environment, the products we use (in our home, on our skin, etc) and the quality of food can add to our chemical exposure and our toxic load.
When the body cannot process extra toxins (if our system is impaired) it gets stored in our fat cells to protect us. Usually this fat is the furthest away from our vital organs (belly, hips, thighs!). So if you find yourself not being able to lose weight – it may be excess toxicity and an impaired ability to detox. Especially if you are eating relatively well (I would need to see your food diary!) and exercising.
Quick Note: I want to say when I use the term toxin I am referring to metabolic waste in the body and other ingested chemical compounds that are detrimental to the function of the body. Ingested chemicals can come from the environment and our food (specifically antibiotics, pesticides, herbicides, heavy metals, etc.)
Ok, it is not all doom and gloom! There are so many ways we an help our bodies work well and detox. Below I mention some very simple strategies but this work can go deep and is really individual!
Check out the video or below for a quick summary of the tips.
5 Simple Tips to Try Today:
1. Drink Warm Water with Lemon in the Morning
- great for the liver (our main detoxifying and fat burning organ) as it contains replenishing enzymes
- helps with bowel movements due to the vitamin C content
2. Drink enough water! This is such a simple thing that so many people miss. Flushing the kidneys and urinating is one way the body detoxes. This video talks about some more benefits of water.
3. Make time in the morning to have a bowel movement. Sometimes all we need to do is make the time. If you are not regularly going to the washroom you are constipated! It would be a great (great!) idea to work on your gut health.
4. Exercise and sweat. Sweating is a form of detoxification. Infrared saunas are great too.
5. An extended cleanse for a few days to help reset your body. You will remove more toxins that usual and it will help reset your digestion and make your body more efficient at eliminating toxins. You can check out my cleanse experiences from this year. To Cleanse or Not to Cleanse and To Cleanse or Not to Cleanse My 2nd Experience.
As I started incorporating detoxification strategies into my lifestyle my body started to change. I had more energy, I no longer needed my acne prescription and my body started to find its healthy weight without much effort.
I want that ease for you too! If you need help please feel free to send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can discuss what your goals are 🙂
The tips above are easy to implement. Try them and let me know how you feel. As we feel better we are more inspired to change!
To a healthier body!