This is my May Favourites – a little late but still relevant. I love sharing little tips that you can incorporate into your life now to boost your health, beauty and vitality.
Please check out the video below for details or scroll down for the list 🙂
1. Cilantro – This herb is amazing. I have been adding into my rotation lately. Also with the warmer weather I am feeling like having more herbs. Cilantro is an amazing heavy metal detoxifier. Compounds in cilantro chelate heavy metals in the body stored in fat cells (cellulite!) until they body can properly remove it. Heavy metals create millions of free radicals which hamper cellular function. I know I don’t want that! So add in cilantro. Here is a pesto recipe to get in your super herb.
2. Sunflower sprouts – Sprouts are amazing. Once a seed sprouts it increases it’s nutritional value exponentially. The macronutrients (fats, carbs, and proteins) found in the seed break down into their individual molecular parts (fatty acids, simple sugars, amino acids). The B vitamins also increase by 1000x and enzymes also increase. More enzymes means easier and better digestion. This helps the body conserve more energy for other bodily processes.
3. Soaked Chia Seeds – Chia seeds can expand about 15x their size in water. Dry chia seeds will steal water from your system and dehydrate you. We don’t want that! So soak your chia so that it is hydrating to the system. Here is a great chia seed recipe.
4. Chocosol Lucious Coconut chocolate – This coconut chocolate made with coconut sugar. Coconut sugar is more mineral rich than regular sugar. Processed sugar (white cane sugar, refined brown sugar) is stripped of all it’s nutrition. So the minerals, vitamins, enzymes and water found in the original food are removed. In order for white sugar to be digested it will leech the minerals and vitamins from your body. No thanks. So it’s a great idea to limit sugar as much as possible and use whole food sweeteners.
5. Oatmeal Black Pepper Cookies (My New Roots Cookbook by Sarah Britton) – This oatmeal black pepper cookie is great in pinch and crunchy. For instance, when you are stuck inside, it’s pouring rain, you have a toddler asking for cookies and you have all the ingredients on hand. Win. I made these a lot in May as the weather was overcast a lot. My go to for cookies are usually the Banana Bread Muffin Top Cookies by Oh She Glows because they are sweetened with whole foods.
So there you have it my May Favourites. A bit late but they are to help inspire you to add in one small healthy change wherever you can!
If you have any questions please let me know, I would love to answer them.